- 234 pages
- Black & White
- 6.0 x 9.0 inches
- eBook (epub, mobi, pdf)
- 978-1-4602-8482-7 eBook
- 978-1-4602-8481-0 Paperback
- 978-1-4602-8480-3 Hardcover
- Business & Economics, Human Resources & Personnel Management
- Business & Economics, Strategic Planning
- Business & Economics, Infrastructure
Succession planning, Succession planning that works, Succession planning best practices, How to do succession planning, Succession planning guide, Succession planning strategies, Succession planning formula
Succession Planning That Works
The Critical Path of Leadership Development
Many attempts to establish a succession plan fail. Why? They run up against insurmountable implementation challenges, or weak executive commitment and follow-through.
Succession Planning That Works: The Critical Path of Leadership Development is a step-by-step guide to help HR professionals and senior leaders develop a succession plan that delivers a measurable return on investment.
Based on in-depth interviews with senior executives from nearly 50 organizations, Succession Planning That Works reveals not only the most important components of effective succession planning, but also the most effective order in which to put them into practice.
Packed with real-world examples, Succession Planning That Works shows how real companies have attempted to tackle succession planning issues and examines both their victories and their failures to highlight the most common pitfalls and how to avoid them.
• 13 reasons to begin succession planning now
• How to calculate the ROI of promoting from within
• The Succession Planning Critical Path – the most efficient and effective way to implement a succession plan
• How to gain or strengthen executive buy-in for succession planning
• How to measure your success
Also included are 20 downloadable templates and tools to help make succession planning easier to comprehend and implement.
“Michael has developed an excellent guidebook and toolkit for senior HR leaders and executives looking to implement meaningful succession planning practices in any size of organization.”
- Kelli Forster, VP of HR, Dynamic Structures
“This book delivers on one of its central tenets: it’s a straightforward, practical guide to developing a succession plan that works.”
- Tanya Wick, VP of Corporate Services, Tolko Industries Ltd.
“This book will be a great resource for HR and business leaders - it is easy to read, clear, concise and most importantly, helpful and instructive.”
- Sally Hart, Executive Director of HR (retired), Great Canadian Gaming Corporation
Michael Timms is a management consultant specializing in organization and leadership performance. As the Founder and Principal of Avail Leadership, Michael is a trusted adviser to senior leadership and a partner with in-house HR professionals. He assists organizations develop leading-edge people-related strategies and provides training and advice to help them execute those strategies.
What People are Saying
Support our self-published authors and buy directly from FriesenPress. All Prices shown are in US Canadian Dollars.
Other eBook Editions
This book is also available in eBook format from these sites.
Learn how you can self-publish your own book with FriesenPress.Download Publishing Guide