Privacy and Security
At FriesenPress, we respect your privacy. Any and all personal information that we collect is strictly used for the purposes of conducting business with you. Under no circumstances will we ever sell or rent your personal information to any third parties.
- What information do you typically collect?
- From time to time we require some personal information from you, such as your email address, phone number, contact information, payment information, and such in order to communicate with you, receive orders and payment from you, and deliver books or other materials that you have requested from us.
- Where am I usually required to leave personal information?
- Personal information is required to fill out our publishing agreement and other service agreements, on our website (such as when requesting our Author's Guide or when choosing to participate in contests), on forms that are used to carry out a service that you have purchased (such as in our book marketing questionnaire), when purchasing books or other materials from our online bookstore, and when ordering books or other materials by fax, phone, or email.
- Do you ever share my personal information with others?
- Only when in the course of our contractual duties, your information is required by one of our subcontractors or suppliers in order to deliver the product or service that you have purchased, or to process your payment for these products or services. Examples of subcontractors or suppliers are our credit card processor and our web site hosting service.
- How about information left in customer surveys?
- We often conduct customer surveys to assess how we are doing in the performance of our duties. The information that we collect is strictly confidential and only used to improve our products and services. Participation in our surveys is voluntary.
- Do you use browser “cookies”?
- Do you store my IP address?
- Our website captures certain parameters, such as a visitor’s IP address and domain name in order to gather statistical information about the usage of our site (such as number of page hits, number of unique visitors, and traffic flow through our web pages). This information does not identify visitors by name or in any other recognizable form, and it is used strictly to improve our web site's functionality. We do not disclose this information to any third parties.
- Is my personal information secure?
- We take every precaution in order to safeguard your personal information. For example, we ulitize the same safe encryption technology used by banks to secure online banking transactions. Our computer servers are located in a locked facility and protected by firewall and other sophisticated data and physical protection mechanisms.
- Are you ever required to disclose my personal information?
- Only in response to a legal requirement, such as a court order, police investigation, or fraud for illegal activities by a law enforcing agency or tax authorities, or as part of a defence against a legal claim.
The FriesenPress bookstore does not store card details. Our systems and employees do not have access to your payment information at any time.
Our payment provider has been audited by a PCI-certified auditor and is certified to PCI Service Provider Level 1. This is the most stringent level of certification available in the payments industry. To accomplish this, they use the best-in-class security tools and practices to maintain a high level of security.